Paypal

Pay now

Thursday, February 13, 2020

FOREVER IN LOVE



Hello February! The month of “LOVE” is here! All the world over, we have the Valentine’s Day or maybe Valentine’s month being celebrated. Stories of St. Valentine abound and whether you like it or not... you have to listen to them and believe!  

A movement that was started by card and gift manufacturers to lure people has surpassed all of them and become all pervasive. It’s on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, movies, commercials, ladies cultural group events, kitty parties and unbelievably so... Even kids’ conversations in schools and buses. It’s Red, White and Pink everywhere!!

Way back in the year 2000 when I was a college student- for girls like me- the ones who didn’t have boyfriends - February brought gloom and despair. Red roses, and beautiful big red cards were like The Plague and a sight of any of these would bring tears rolling down. How miserable I was!! How unworthy of being alive…. All I wanted was a Valentine!! My parents, unaware of my anguish continued to live their boring normal lives: while I wished I was dead! I hated everyone and everything and would avoid the world till February breathed its last and I could live again!

20 years on... I see no one in despair. The world has changed so much, for the better.

Every girl has a boyfriend now- real, virtual or online... it’s immaterial. Who needs red roses or mushy cards when your inbox and WhatsApp chat is full with mushy messages and electronic cards?
Just click and you can forward “I Love You”. You forward to twenty on your contact list. You will probably get a reply from 2 at the very least… There–“Happy Valentine’s Day”. It’s easy... It’s 
only a day.- It’s okay!

Let’s cut to my present day- a mum of two spoilt brats - My Valentine’s Calendar is choc-a bloc: Starting from 2nd February and stretching till 20th February.

Apart from my real “Valentine”, I am celebrating Valentine’s Day with my Best Friends, my kid’s best friends’ moms, my ladies club circle, a Valentine’s party by the Sindhi Ladies Forum:
Valentine’s with my gym buddies, the Apartment ladies and kids etc., etc. 
I am also attending a 6 year olds birthday party on February 14th itself with the Theme- 
“Valentine’s Day”!

The month of February brings a lot to look forward to, a lot of GIRL bonding and friendship. 
Old friends who’ve been bitching all this while, suddenly find the love lost among each other. Valentine’s Day helps my girls get together, share stories, gossip and exchange hugs.

Come February 14th, and suddenly the Mister awakens ... “HAPPY VALENTINE’S BABY”
“LET’S GO OUT FOR DINNER TONIGHT?”  I smile, “let me check my schedule if I’m free to join you darling!!” What more could a girl ask for??

Forever February, I wish you would stay forever. Forever in Love, IF anything is forever...
“Forever in Love” – is what I want to be.

 [H1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

CELEBRATIONS AND SUSHI

  CELEBRATIONS AND SUSHI When you meet friends whom you’ve known for OVER 20 years and more, you kind of start from where you left off. Ther...